We got 10 inches of powder last Monday so on Ethan's birthday we went sledding up at his school which has some fantastic hills. If there is one statement that is true in this world it is that Ethan loves snow. Snow= Ethan and Ethan= snow. In the summer I can't get him to go outside for very long long but, in the winter I can't get him to come in the house. Every year we have this one picture of Ethan outside in all his gear enjoying the first dusting of snow.
So as we were sledding he wanted to go down one of the hills that had a jump at the end and our conversation went something like this...
Ethan: "I want to go down the slide with the jump at the end."
Mom: "Um, that looks fun but do you think you should have a tube sled instead of a flat sled to do that? The landing will be really hard."
Ethan: "Yeah, I thought about that but, don't worry Mom, I have an plan of my own."
So seeing that he just bailed off the before he hit the jump on the last slide I let him go. Here is what happened next...
Mom: "Whoa, are you okay?"
Ethan: "Ugh, you were right."
Tough guy. Live and learn, I guess.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is classic! I'm glad he's alright. Tell Ethan he has more guts than his Aunt Alicia has :o).
That looked like it hurt. I am glad that he is okay. I told Brady he needed to stay clear of those jumps! They can be a doozy!
I was just getting on to post our sledding pictures and saw your post. Ouch! Our neighborhood is awesome for sledding! We have a cool hill at the end of our circle we want to have you guys come try out too.
My kids are laughing hysterically right now. We love you Ethan!!!
Post a Comment