
Well, if we ever top this Christmas I will be shocked. I have to admit I am always a little disappointed because of the rush of everything, regrets about things I didn't do with the kids, not enough reverence for the real 'reason for the season', etc. But this year was just great. I finished preparations early which helped immensely. We went to see light displays, baked cookies, made projects, and just spent time together. Church the Sunday before Christmas was amazing. As Christmas day grew closer we met with different family groups. Grandpa Gilchrist told a story about one Christmas Eve where all 7 kids helped Mom (Grandma) put together a great Christmas for a needy family by sewing, fixing, and buying things for gifts. She was the Relief Society president at the time and she had to come up with this at the last minute. And as we were coming home from the last party Lance read Luke 2.
On Christmas morning the kids FREAKED out over what Santa had left. Since Grandma Johnson had left her presents it really looked like Santa had thought they were very good kids, which they are. They are all the perfect ages to really have a fun time.
Since all Utah based Johnsons' went home to Seattle for Christmas except us, we became the proud temporary owners of Chea the chinchilla and Charli the beagle (pictured above). They were both just angles and it was so much fun to have pets around. They all returned home to their families this weekend and we were all so sad! We had a blast with them!
1 comment:
Cute pictures. I'll bet the kids just loved having pets for a while. Looks like it will be a Christmas to remember anyway.
Post a Comment