




Well after all the driving we have done this month we have become one with the car. We drove to L. A. and back a couple of weeks ago and then this trip took us up through Montana to Spokane Washington and then West to Seattle and home from there. Total hours in the car: about 60. In my youth I would have never dreamed that I would love having a minivan (mostly because I swore I would never get one) but, I am grateful for this vehicle and its many conveniences.
Anyway, we had an absolute fabulous time at our Johnson family reunion. Everyone was there and Lance's older sister and husband graciously let us all stay at their house in Spokane. Parents + 8 kids + 7 spouses + 13 grandkids= a lot of fun. Some of the activities included tea party for all the ladies, a zip line, day at a water/amusement park, talent show and much more. It is great to just sit around a visit with everyone because there is never a dull moment (Like Joe pulling Ashley on a blanket and then slamming her into the stone fireplace).
At the amusement park Syd and Anna went on a "Red Baron" airplane ride. Anna screamed the entire time. Not because she was scared but because Syd wouldn't keep it at the very top the whole time.
A highlight was making Great-grandma Johnson's sweet rolls which are a family favorite. Everyone is waiting around in the kitchen hoping to be selected as a taste tester.
After Spokane we went to Seattle to Lance's parents house. We stopped at Snoqualmie Falls. The picture doesn't do it justice especially since it 100 ft taller than Niagara, it is beautiful. In Seattle I got in some shopping and Lance put in a sprinkler system for his parents yard. They were so excited at the prospect of not having to haul hose everywhere.
One time when we were trying to catch some crab, someone brought up a starfish. The kids loved to see and touch it. Unfortunately, we could only catch girl crabs which you have to throw back so no one had crab that night.
Back to the real world!
4 comments:
How fun!!
That looks like so much fun!! You guys have had a busy summer!
Woah . . . that's some serious travelling! I'm glad you had a good time and made it to all your destinations safely. It's fun to see what you and your family is up to. Tell your mom hi!
Looks like you guys had fun! hope you dont mind me snopping at your blog from Stephani's blog!
Post a Comment