Sunday, March 27, 2011

6 Month Check Up

At Elizabeth's appointment she weighed 16 lbs, 25.5 inches and not to worry Johnson's, she came in with an 88% head (we tend to worry if anyone is under 75%). She is sitting up, nearly crawling, she can clap, do raspberries, not to mention rolling like mad. As her doctor (who is fantastic) was examining her and talking to her he said, "I see a lot of babies and this little girl is looking at me with eyes that are much, much older than her 6 month body." That is what everyone says. She gets a lot of attention with her big, blue eyes but I think its more what's behind those eyes that draw people to them.
I am so interested to see Elizabeth's personality come through. She is so content nearly all of the time and we love to see her big smiles. She loves bath time and splashes so much I nearly have to change my clothes when we are finished. She loves her toys which are anything from a rattle to a whisk from the kitchen. She is toy crazy! She likes to play rough but is still so stingy with her giggles. Her laugh has developed into more of a honk which is just so funny. We wouldn't be surprised if she has more of a somber, quiet nature but only time will tell.

2 comments:

Stefani B. said...

Oh Mandi, you never say they have a quiet nature...you're just asking for it! Remember that Ali was my easy, quiet baby! She is a doll, now if I can just stop calling her Anna!

Brooke said...

Lots of new posts, so cute. Love the gymnastics photo! Tell everyone hi for us!