Sunday, December 6, 2009

Halloween



We had a very fun Halloween. It is a favorite holiday of mine. I didn't get any good pictures of the kids in their costumes. :(
Ethan didn't want to dress up this year. I thought we had a few more years before that would come up. "Ethan" I said, " You have to have a costume to go trick-or-treating and get candy." "oh, well" he said. After I pointed out that he would be the only kid in his class without a costume on and thus, making him stand out more, he started to look for a costume. I suggested a mad scientist and he agreed. He would only wear the lab coat and black gloves.

Sydney, of course wanted to be some kind of beautiful princess again (yuk) so I tried to point out fancy witch costumes to try and steer her away from anything princess. She shot me down until she saw a broom. She begged to have a broom and I told her she would have to be a witch if I got the broom and she couldn't change her mind. She agreed. Totally worth the $4 broom.

Anna wanted to be something fancy too until Syd convinced her that if she was going to be a witch then Anna should fulfill her little sister duty and be her black cat. Anna loved her cat costume. She wore it everywhere and wiggled her bum a lot to make her tail swish.

And no, Sydney is not wearing a wig. That is her real hair (she has a lot it) crimped with my authentic 1988 Conair crimper that my mom dug out of a closet somewhere.

We took the kids out to get candy just around our circle and Anna quickly caught the vision. She was often leading the way running from house to house. Ethan and Syd were always careful to say thank you and Anna was already to the next house. The kids were trying to keep up with her, making it to the door just a it was opening because Anna had already got there, knocked, and yelled for them to hurry up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the witch/black cat! How fun to have sisters close enough to do things like that with. We miss you guys! Get Lance to upgrade your computer so we can see more pics! You can tell him that it is an investment in family togetherness. :o)

Brooke said...

Hooray for the 1988 crimper! I love it!