Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Resolution














One job I added to the kids list at the beginning of the year was 'Kitchen Assistant' and I am happy to report it is going marvelously! I decided I needed a little more 1 on 1 so one night a week one of the kids helps me with dinner. They choose the meal, help me make it and set and clear the table, etc. It has been a lot of fun and I hope I can keep it going, a lot of conversation happens when you are making food together.
One night Ethan chose a 'big breakfast' for his meal. He is getting really good at measuring, stirring and "hatching" the eggs. He gets out all the ingredients and puts them away when we are done. Here he is sporting his "Ethan's the Best" apron made by his Aunt Joy. Yes, it is inside out. "Mom, I don't want to get the picture dirty!"

4 comments:

Stefani B. said...

That is such a good idea! Lily always wants to help cook, Michael hates it. I'll bet he would like it better if he got to pick the meal. We would be eating 'Shells and White Cheese' every night though.

Rach said...

We do this too!! The kids love it and it is great for the one on one time.

Brooke said...

Great idea! I find that with three the biggest challenge is that one-on-one, huh?

And thanks for sharing the pic of your house - mine has been worse this week. And let's face it, even when it is clean, it doesn't last long!

Matt said...

So Joy and I were reading the blog and came to this entry. We saw Ethan was wearing Joy's apron and it appeared to be inside out. We both said "I bet it is because he didn't want to get it dirty". ha ha. That is so Ethan. He is such a cute kid. By the way, the Kitchen assistant is a great idea; however, I have a feeling that Joy is going to make me her new kitchen assistant.