Sunday, October 5, 2008

Peaches '08


Every year we bottle peaches. Usually I go up to Draper and make my grandma hold my hand but this year I decided to fly solo. It went really well since grandma found beautiful peaches that were big, sweet and the skins fell right off. Lance did a great job at the cook station and was very impressed with my old fashioned skills.
The kids were happy to see 52 new pints of peaches since we were running low. They love bottled peaches but they don't like them fresh!? Well, I guess that is what they are used to. It is a very satisfying project but, it is a big, messy job and I am glad it is done :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Way to go Mandi. That sounds like a lot of sticky work but satisfying to see all those bottles filled.

Jen said...

Wow, look at you! I remember loving bottled peaches and apples when I was a kid. That's something I've never attempted -- but would I love to have those 52 bottles on my shelf right now!

Brooke said...

We just bought the supplies and did a batch this year, when Vicki was here to hold my hand. I'm impressed that you did it on your own - they look yummy!