Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween







We just love Halloween, its almost better than Christmas. After a month of deciding on costumes, making paper pumpkins, and singing silly songs, we were finally ready. At first I had convinced everybody to be a pirate family, mostly to discourage another princess costume, but everyone ended up going their own way. Only Anna remained a pirate but too cute to be scary. Sydney was a pretty princess who refused to have curly princess hair. And Ethan looked great as a construction worker. Mom dressed up as a cat and Dad dressed up as a Mariners fan.
They had a blast trick-or-treating, even Anna had no problem marching up and knocking on doors, eager for some plunder. Ethan was the first ready to come home. He enjoyed handing the candy out just about as much. In fact he would scold me when I just handed the trick-or-treaters the candy instead of letting them choose their own.
Syd was in candy heaven and could have stayed out all night. With a sigh and a roll of the eyes she told her grandpa, "My world is sooo fun!".

6 comments:

Carole said...

Mandi-
Your kids are so CUTE!!It sounds as though you had a great Halloween. I heard that you live in San Diego and my mom heard that you had to be evacuated. I hope that all is well (looks like it is.... I'm glad). We are in Santee, and loving it!

Brooke said...

Love all your posts! We missed the big halloween party this year. We agree, Syd, your world is so fun!

P.S. I think Carole is thinking of Jen in CA - I will email her.

Carole said...

Yes-- I was thinking of Jen. SORRY Girls! But still loved looking at the blog and seeing your gorgeous kids.

Casey said...

I love the pictures! Anna made the cutest pirate I've ever seen.

Camille said...

So was Ethan more willing to wear a costume this year? I remember a couple years ago he was not amused by the costume wearing.

So cute! Hooray for updating your blog!

Kris said...

Mandi
It was fun to come across your blog! I can't beleive how cute your kids are! You have to love Halloween!